Alterations and Custom Sewing and Repair
We are your experts in design, construction, alterations and repair of your garments at affordable prices. Our alteration experts have been doing all types of men's and women's alterations as well as custom design and sewing for over 3 decades.
Our alterations services are reasonable and timely and are performed by professional alterations specialists. Our specialists have undergone professional training courses and have experience doing womens, mens, childrens, special occasion and bridal alterations.
Our custom sewing services can provide you with many garments custom-made to your specifications and sizes, at reasonable cost. Have a garment made for that important event, that fits better than any ready-to-wear ever will!
Our repair services range from simple buttonholes and attaching buttons, repairing rips and tears, replacing zippers, repairing and shortening or lengthening hems and other similar tasks. Bring your repairs to us and we will make them look good.
Sewing Machine Repair
Don't forget your Summer Tune-up
Sewing machines and sergers need a checkup every year to keep them in good working order, just like you. Bring them to The Fabric Shop in Springfield and we'll take care of them. Jenice, our super machine tech will service and repair most makes and models of machines, both mechanical and computerized.
Her turn-around time is fast. Drop off and pickup is Tuesday afternoon each week and she will have it back to you the following Tuesday, in most cases. If it will take longer she will call you directly to let you know. In a fabric emergency - (and we all know we have them!) we have some basic machines (all in excellent working order) that we can provide you in a pinch for a very small deposit, refundable upon return of the machine.
Do your scissors have dull blades? Did someone cut paper with them and didn't tell you?
Bring your scissors and shears into The Fabric Shop and our trained technican will get them back in sharp and cutting order. Fabric scissors get dull and develop burrs, nicks and cuts from continuous cutting of some fibers, dropping them on the floor, and the worst offense known to man - CUTTING PAPER! Your scissors should be sharpened at least once a year to remove and smooth the cutting surface, so the blades do not "rip" the fabric fibers. Bring them in and we can usually turn them around for you in 1-2 days. Some scissors however cannot be sharpened, particularly those that do not come apart. The manufacturers make these types to be considered disposable, hence the low price.
Let our professional quilters help you get it done with our quilt services! We can finish piecing or repairing that quilt top. Don't trust your heirloom quilt to just anybody! The Fabric Shop prides itself on quality work, just like we would do for ourselves, and at reasonable prices. We also offer binding services and professional machine quilting.
- Do you have a quilt top that you pierced and now needs to be quilted and finished?
- Did you inherit a quilt or have one that needs repairing, but you just don't know what to do with it?
- Do you have a half finished quilt top that you or someone else just didn't get to and it's sitting there collecting dust?
- Quilt Top Piecing and Pressing: $20-$40 depending on size
- Quilt Back Piecing and Pressing: $10-$20 depending on size
- Binding Services - cutting and piecing binding pieces and attaching the binding to the quilt. We will also attach your quilt label if you desire. Piecing and attaching binding: $12-$20 depending on size
- Machine Quilting (Long Arm) - We offer professional machine quilting for lap to king size quilts and prices vary depending on the batting used, the size of the quilt and the pattern chosen. We offer numerous patterns that complement many quilts. Stop by the shop to see our quilt design book. Estimates are $40-$100 depending on the above variables.
Please give us a call for information and ask about our reasonable pricing on these speciality services or stop by the shop with your project to discuss how we can help you. You'll be glad you did! See what our customers said about our us!
Home Decor Custom Sewing
Let us help you decorate your home. We provide sewing services for custom curtains, drapery, valances, pillows, cushions (outdoor or indoor), bedspreads and skirts and other home decor. Come in and talk to us about your vision and we will help you make it come true!
Deal of the Month!
Join in the fun and come into the shop on January 24, 2013 and celebrate with us. We will have special deals, great raffles and a charity sew for Pink Slippers Project which benefits women and children in domestic abuse shelters.
The Fabric Shop
517 Memorial Blvd.
Springfield, TN 37172
Contact: Donna Sandidge
EMAIL US AT: